Curb appeal is incredibly important when you are looking for the right renter and want to get the most for rent in Howard County Md. Putting just a little more money upfront into making your home more appealing, can warrant a greater return over the long run. Here are 5 simple and reasonable ways to accomplish this:
1) Painting your door a can both make it pop and add character, but also portray a clean living environment. Make sure the you choose a door knob with a little pizazz. Maybe you have a traditional home, installing some trim around the door will add just a bit of intrigue. If the home is a little more modern or trendy, paint the door a bright color. Like the eyes are windows to the soul, the door is the “window” to the interior.
2) Replacing old and dated hardware is the like having the perfect earrings to the perfect dress. Imagine walking up to what appears to be a beautiful home only to encounter an old and rusted doorknob, can anyone say, Tetanus shot, please! Not a good first impression. If your home has a more colonial feel, think about adding a pineapple door knocker, or seasonal wreath. Replace any peeling house number sign and check the lightbulbs on the porch.
3) Outdoor lighting is very important, especially for later evening showings. Think about lining the walkway with low voltage solar lanterns or adding accent lights to the trees. This not only provides curb appeal, but is also a safety factor.
4) Landscaping is the first feature a prospective tenant encounters. Make sure that the walkway does not have any missing stones or blocks. If the lawn has not been mowed in weeks, or weeds are have overgrown the yard, that is an instant turnoff. Aside from maintaing the yard, create a garden feel with potted plants and flowers. Remember to stay current with the season, planted palm trees will die and look quite sad in December.
5) Accessorizing your home with window boxes and shutters can make all the difference to stand out on the street. Paint the shutters a complimentary color and plant some flowers in the window box, this creates a quaint and charming effect.
The old saying, “Don’t judge a book by it’s cover,” does not apply with real estate! First impressions are everything to a potential renter. Spending a little more on curb appeal to get the perfect tenant, is well worth it!
If you need any advise about your rental in Frederick MD, let us know.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.